Housing for the SONY α7 II (featuring the world's first 5-axis in-body image stabilization in a full-frame mirrorless camera) is compatible with Optical YS Converter.
MDX-α7 II Housing (Black) (Housing only)
Spare O-Ring Set
The Optical YS Converter can be installed in the housing
* This converter requires special installation. Please contact your local SEA&SEA service center for further details.
* Fiber-Optic Cable ll is required when using the Optical YS Converter.
* SONY's own shoe adapter "ADP-MAA" is required to connect the camera and the Optical YS Converter.
Compatible with FE series lenses designed for full-frame sensor cameras
SEL1635Z Vario-Tessar T* FE16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
Scheduled to be compatible with:
SEL55F18Z Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA
SEL2870 FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
FE28mm F2 + FE Ultra-Wide Converter
FE28mm F2 + FE Fisheye Converter
SEL35F14ZÛÛDistagon T* FE 35mm F1.4 ZA
FE90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
Equipped with movable Focus/Zoom gear
Main dials are equipped with damper springs
- Equipped with two fiber-optic cable sockets.
- All camera functions can be used underwater.
- The camera's LCD monitor can be tilted up to 10 degrees.
- Front case equipped with a lens-lock release button. This allows lenses to be changed easily without opening the housing.
- The housing has two accessory ports. One is designed for N-type (two-pin connected) strobe connector and the other is designed for HDMI output.
- The port lock can be activated (lock and unlock) from outside the housing.
- The camera's lens-lock release button is accessible from the outside of the housing.
- The multi-selector has been positioned on the right side of the rear case making it easily accessible while holding the grip, just like operating the camera directly.
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to avoid electrolysis damage.
Sacrificial Zinc Anode (2 pieces)
- The mounting screw hole is located on the centre underside of the housing.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders may be used.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- A depth rating of 100m / 330ft makes the housing ideal for tech diving.
[Depth rating] 100m / 330ft
[Dimensions (WxHxD)] 325 x 160 x 104mm / 12.8 x 6.3 x 4.1 inches
[Weight] Approx. 2,250g / 79.4oz. - Without grips: 1,860g / 65.6oz