The BX1 handheld light is small in size and big in brightness with up to 12,400 LUX output on an 8-degree beam angle. It can be used as either a recreational primary light or technical backup light. The concentrated light beam punches through the water and is great for signaling. The light beam also gives a halo of light surrounding the beam opening the range of visibility. The BX1 can run on your choice of 3 AAA alkaline batteries (included), or 1 Lithium 18650 battery with included battery carrier (see Batteries below for details). The double o-ring seal on the anodized aluminum body provides proven protection against flooding. The included nylon line lanyard with barrel lock prevents accidental loss if the light is dropped.
- LUX: 8000 with AAA batteries; 12,400 with lithium battery
- Beam: 8 degree
- Burn time: 2 hours with AAA batteries; 4 hours with lithium battery
- Batteries: 3 AAA or 1 18650 Lithium (see Batteries below for details)
- Depth rating: 492 ft. (150 m)
- LED: Cree XML2-U2 with a 10,000 hour burn life
- Weight: 7 oz. (0.2 kg) with 3 AAA batteries
- Dimensions: 5 in. (12.7 cm) length x 1.7 in. (4.32 cm) width
- Regularly check the double o-ring seal to insure it is free of debris and that the o-rings are intact. Clean o-rings should be coated with a light sheen of silicone lubricant before reassembling light.
- When powering the light with an 18650 lithium battery, the light will be brighter longer, but will not extend actual burn time. AAA alkaline batteries will still provide an equivalent burn time, however the light brightness will begin to taper off as the battery voltage drops.