Heads Up! We won't trick you with tuition costs like our competition does. We won't tell you one price then charge you more during the IDC. With us the IDC includes private lessons if needed (academics & skills), the Open Water Instructor course, the Emergency First Responder Instructor course & what ever rental gear and tank fills. We'll even include a free NITROX Instructor Upgrade course.
THE IDC: It’s about to get real. You’ve got your buoyancy on point, you’ve got a slick dive kit, and your logbook is mighty. The next step is to share your skills & knowledge with the next generation of divers as a Complete PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. Our Instructor Development Course (IDC) is designed to
bring out the best in our candidates. It’s a challenging course and the requirements are demanding, but under the guidance of our course directors you’ll come out with a great set of friends and your best scuba skills yet.
Prerequisites: To enroll you'll need to be at least 18 years old, and have a current medical signed by a physician in the last 12 months and hold a divemaster certification from SSI, SDI, NAUI CMAS, PADI, YMCA, or LA County.Your Complete IDC We will prepare you for the Instructor Exam (IE) at PADI headquarters in Orange County (45 miles south of our location).
· Discover Scuba Diving and all beginner courses to divemaster
· Developing Knowledge, Pool, Marine-Life and Ocean Presentations
· Teaching Specialties
· Teaching in Confined Water, Lakes & Ocean
· Open Water Training Presentations & Dives
· Knowledge Development (online and classroom sessions)
· Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
· Standards & Theory Exams
· Rescue Skills Practice & Final Assessment
Let's Do This: We expect our candidates to be dedicated, safe & committed but most important... to learn how to make learning fun for your students. Your students will want to dive and travel with you. We'll teach you this important skill, AND IT'S INCLUDED!The IDC isn’t for everyone. You’ll be sacrificing your free time. Plan for weekends crammed with back to back dives. Your gear will never really get dry and you’ll sleep with your PADI books by your head. However, those willing to make the commitment to the work will come to see why California dive instructors are some of the best respected around the world. Welcome to the world of being a true dive professional.
OUR IDC INCLUDES EVERTHING AND EXTRA!
- All Tuition & materials to become a certified PADI OWSI Instructor.
- All required training at beach, boat, classroom for OWSI Instructor.
- All rental gear if needed.
- Complete IDC Crew pac with online IDC code.
- All PADI student-level books at cost.
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer course at 50% Off
- All brands of gear at 20% OFF and no sales tax.
- All training fees by trainers.