If you know how to swim and have snorkeled before, then the next step in your underwater journey is SCUBA!
Particularly if you only expect to go diving primarily in the company of a dive guide, or if you have limited time and cant commit to two weekends, then this one weekend life-time certification is for you.
The PADI Scuba Diver certification opens the door on the underwater world for anyone who's thought that a course would take too long or be too difficult.
Yes, you can upgrade to the PADI Open Water Diver level at a later time.
Before your Saturday of pool training, you'll need to complete 6 to 8 hours of homework. Our Saturday pool training day will be is held at the Hawthorne City pool.
Then we'll take what you've learned and apply your new skills in the ocean at Catalina or Anacapa Island. Yes, your boat ticket is included.
For both days bring snacks, water, sunscreen, a towel, and clothes to change into after class.
Total Commitment: One full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) +6 to 8hrs studying.
When: Courses start every weekend all year around.
Hours (may vary):
1. Book online or over the phone or in person, receive code & start your studies.
2. Pickup your rental gear & purchase your personal items at the shop (mask, snorkel, fins, booties and gloves)
3. Saturday is pool & homework review (6hr day)
4. Sunday is a trip to Catalina Island or Anacapa Island (6am board your boat)
During the course you'll cover material and practice skills related to topics such as:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, and breathing underwater.
- Staying neutral underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques.
- Diving environments and aquatic life you're likely to encounter.
- Preventing common problems underwater.
- An introduction to boat diving.
Exact Schedule: 2-4 days prior to the start, your instructor will text you the exact schedule (similar to above), reminders, directions to boat dock and parking info.
- PADI Scuba Diver Manual and video link
- PADI "Scuba Diver" lifetime, upgradable certification card.
- All Scuba Rentals
- Classroom, Pool and Ocean sessions with instructor.
- Boat ticket to Catalina or Anacapa Island
- Student discount available shopping online or in store.
Tuition: $499.00 (normally $599)
Questions? We're ready to assist you. Call 888-728-2252
1. No difficult beach dives during training, it's all easy boat diving.
2. Look at our Google reviews and compare.
3. Most popular and active dive community.
4. 19 years in business with great reputation.
5. Friendly, safe male & female staff.
6. Large, warm pool facility with locker rooms.
7. The course is FREE with purchase of "head to toe" gear with us.
This entire course is FREE with purchase of Head-to-Toe Scuba Diving System
Please note that we have a 7-day rescheduling policy. If you reschedule within 7 days of your class, there is a $75 rescheduling fee and no refunds or exchanges for your Sunday boat ticket ($179).