The PADI Scuba Diver certification opens the door on the underwater world for anyone who's thought that a course would take too long or be too difficult.
What's the difference between the 1-weekend Scuba Diver vs 2-weekend Open Water?
When you earn the Scuba Diver certification, you'll earn a lifetime certification that's to maximum depth of 40ft while under supervision.
So if you only plan to go diving once or twice a year on vacation, or if you have limited time and can't commit to two weekends, then this one weekend life-time certification is for you.
Upgrade later? Yes, you can upgrade to the PADI Open Water Diver level at a later time. Since you'll be at the Scuba Diver level, all you have to complete is the second weekend.
Before your Saturday of pool training, you'll need to complete 5-6 hours of homework.
Then we'll take what you've learned in the pool & classroom, and apply your new skills in the ocean at Catalina or Anacapa Island. Yes, your boat ticket is included.
For both days bring food, water, sunscreen, a towel, wind-breaker jacket and cash to tip the boat crew on Sunday.
Total Commitment: One full weekend (Saturday and Sunday) +5-6 hours of homework before the weekend. Also, plan to come in to the dive center before the course for sizing.
When: Courses start every Saturday all year around.
Hours (may vary):
1. Start by buying this course now and then coming in to pickup your study tools.
2. Pickup your rental gear & purchase your personal items at the shop (mask, snorkel, fins, booties and gloves)
3. Saturday is pool practice & homework review (7hr day)
4. Sunday is a trip to Catalina Island or Anacapa Island (12hr day)
During the course you'll cover material and practice skills related to topics such as:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, and breathing underwater.
- Staying neutral underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques.
- Diving environments and aquatic life you're likely to encounter.
- Preventing problems underwater.
- Proper dive etiquette.
- Diving from boats.
Saturday 1: Pool training and academic review (pack food & water).
Sunday 1: Boat Training Day - Full day to Catalina Island or Anacapa Island (pack food & water).
- PADI Scuba Diver manual and video.
- PADI Scuba Diver lifetime digital certification.
- All Scuba rental gear.
- Classroom, pool and ocean sessions with fun instructor.
- Boat ticket to Catalina or Anacapa Island.
- Discounts all year around.
1. No difficult beach dives during training, it's all beautiful clear water island diving aboard our large ships.
2. Quality instruction by hand picked professionals.
3. New modern online academics & top quality rental equipment for training.
4. Most popular and active dive community.
5. 18 years in business with great reputation.
6. Friendly, fun & professional instructors, crew, life-guards, divemasters & boat captains.
7. We won't surprise you with additional hidden costs like our competition does.
8. We don't make you spend the night on the island like our competition does.
This entire course is FREE with purchase of Head-to-Toe Scuba Diving System
Our happy clients in action, having a blast of a good time on IG...