Course Difficulty: Easy, 99% Pass rate, all boat diving, no difficult beach diving, simple one-weekend format.
If you only plan on diving once or twice a year while on vacation then this course is for you.
Particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily in the company of a dive guide or if you have limited time to devote to the full scuba certification, consider becoming a certified PADI Scuba Diver, aka "The Guided Scuba Diver".
The Scuba Diver certification opens the door on the underwater world for anyone who's thought that a course would take too long or be too difficult.
Yes, you can upgrade to Open Water Diver level at a later time.
You'll need to complete the first three chapters of the Open Water Diver manual, a pool session covering three sections, and the first two of four open water training dives, resulting in a life-time certification to maximum depth of 40ft.
Level: The Lifetime Scuba Diver Certification is required to dive with a professional guide to no deeper than 40ft. The certified SD is eligible to enroll in the open water diver upgrade program within 12 months of last recorded training session.
Total Commitment: One weekend & 4hrs of online homework.
When: Courses start every weekend all year around.
Hours (might vary):
1. Complete online sections 1,2,3 (3-4 hours)
2. Pickup your rental gear & purchase your personal items 2-3 days prior (1-2 hours)
3. Saturday is pool & homework review (6hr day)
4. Sunday is a trip to Catalina Island or Anacapa Island (8-10hr day depending on weather)
During the course you'll cover material and practice skills related to topics such as:
- Buoyancy skills including comfortable ascents and descents, and breathing underwater.
- Staying warm underwater, streamlining your swimming skills and buddy diving techniques.
- Diving environments and aquatic life you're likely to encounter.
- Preventing common problems underwater.
- An introduction to boat diving.
Exact Schedule: 2-4 days prior to the start, your instructor will text you the exact schedule (similar to above), reminders, directions to boat dock and parking info.
- PADI Scuba Diver eLearning code
- PADI "Scuba Diver" lifetime, upgradable certification card.
- All Scuba Rentals.
- Classroom, Pool and Ocean sessions with instructor.
- Boat ticket to Catalina or Anacapa Island.
- Student discount code for shopping online or instore.
Tuition: $689.oo (normally $899)
Questions? We're ready to assist you. Call 888-728-2252 or 310-398-5759
1. No difficult beach dives during training, it's all easy boat diving.
2. New modern online academics.
3. Look at our Yelp and compare.
4. Most popular and active dive commumity.
5. 16 years in business with great reputation.
6. Friendly, safe male & female staff.
7. Large warm pool facility with locker rooms.
8. The course is FREE with purchase of all your own gear with us.